Safety & Security
- All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the venue
- No outside food or drink, including water, may be brought into the venue*
- All persons and bags are subject to search
- The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus
- Bass Concert Hall and McCullough Theatre are no re-entry venues
- Clear bags that do not exceed 12” x 12” x 6”
- Items in clear bags may not exceed size limit of 6.5” x 4.5” x 2”
- Small clutch bags not exceeding 6.5” x 4.5” x 2” do not have to be clear
- Diaper bags*
- Cases (camera, binocular, etc.)
- Fanny packs
- Printed pattern plastic bags
- Reusable grocery totes
- Mesh or straw bags
- Duffel bags
- Large totes*Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.
Patrons with specific/special dietary needs due to disabilities, medical conditions or special needs should contactGuest Services by calling 512.471.2787 or by email to email@example.com prior to attending the event to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
Limited view seats generally have a partial view of the stage due to the viewing angle in the theatre. Obstructed view seats have a partially blocked view of the stage due to objects such as columns, railings, or sound equipment.
There is no specific dress code. Most people enjoy dressing up to go to the theatre, and some events, such as opening nights, will draw a dressier crowd. For theatrical performances, you will see people in everything from casual to formal wear.
We recommend that you arrive at the venue at a minimum of 60 minutes before the performance to allow plenty of time to park and get seated. Doors will open between 60 minutes prior to start of the show and may vary on show-by-show basis.
Please arrive on time out of courtesy for the performers and your fellow audience members. Arriving late may result in seating holds or alternate seating within the theater. Admission or re-admission of latecomers is ultimately subject to the producers’ discretion and guidelines for each individual show.
Food and drink is sold in the lobby prior to the show and during intermission.
Texas Performing Arts encourages guests to arrive early in order to find parking. Free parking is not available on The University of Texas campus. TheSan Jacinto Garage is the closest parking on campus to Texas Performing Arts venues. Exit the San Jacinto Garage on level four onto Trinity and head south to Bass Concert Hall.
Accessible parking is available on Robert Dedman Drive, Trinity Street, and the San Jacinto Garage. D and D+ ADA spaces are available after 5:45 pm M-F and on the weekends with a state-issued ADA placard or license plate. M-F, 7:30AM–5:45PM these spaces also require a UT ParkingPermit.Detailed information about parking may be found here.